Thursday, October 28, 2021

SHAME

the last piece of the puzzle?  i hope and pray.  i know mom was always ashamed of her mom.  divorced to emigrate, starting over in a new world.  how brave is that.  mom saw it as shameful.  mom loved diminishing me by recounting stories of me as a baby.  how i disliked putting my dirty diapers in the bin, she said i was retarded walking and talking late.  everyone carried me.  i had aunts, uncles, cousins waiting on me.  they loved me.  she constantly emphasized being retarded and her amazement when i tested gifted in school.  and i was punished for good grades.  my sisters were lauded.                                                      this year with soc sec i won't qualify for fcc program stipend.  tygj.  i still want to get a therapist.  i need a sounding board.                                                                                    shame is in my stomach.  now i understand why sometimes my stomach muscles spasm.  vibrating like butterflies beating their wings.  i've never felt the diminishing so clearly before.  back to toddler me.     

  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment